Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Pumpkin Time!

Being a Christian; "It is like being a pumpkin. God picks you from the patch, brings you in, and washes all the dirt off of you. Then he cuts off the top and scoops out all the yucky stuff. He removes the seeds of doubt, hate, greed, etc., and then He carves you a new smiling face and puts His light inside of you to shine for all the world to see."

What a wonderful poem....I don't know who wrote it but I like it!

We took Ren to his first Pumpkin Patch this past weekend.
I can't say he loved it....he could have cared less...hahaha..the things we do....
He did eat some grass and choked on a pumpkin stem...freaked me out to say the least (hubs was on baby duty btw, he did not think it was THAT BIG!). I do want to buy a wagon for Ren now, he really enjoyed the little wagon ride....just sat there all big boy like and took the world in.
We also had our first swing (sitting on Mama's lap) the other day and Ren loved that too. I was hoping to take him back to the park but the weather has not been that great.

Ren's sleep is getting much better (his nights) we have settled into a nice routine for the evening and he is sleeping through the night...YAY!!! Naps however are are a whole different story round here. So, that is what we are working on.....getting Ren to nap in his bed....the last two days have involved a lot of crying (Ren) and massive amounts of frustration and stress (me). But he did nap for 30 minutes (much much much crying) this morning and 45 this afternoon (a lot less crying). So I just have to be consistent and persistent with him and I believe that he will start napping much better.

We are still gearing up for the big move to SC and hubs is preparing for training and deployment. Keeping the house clean, organizing "stuff" and preparing lists of what Ren and I will need to take with us is what is keeping me busy busy around here.

Big breath in....the holiday season that is almost here...Loving on my hubs and spending as much family time around here as possible is what occupies my mind and time....and that is a good thing!
Can you believe we are more that half way through October? Where oh where is the time going?

No comments: