Friday, March 13, 2009

7 Quick Takes (Vol 2)

1.
The last 4 week countdown is here....we are finishing up all the "stuff" and hubby said last night that he is going to miss rubbing the Buddha Belly every night...I think I am going to miss those belly rubs too!

2.
I made a hominy side dish last night that was delish...the recipe went something like this...
1 can hominy
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
1 egg
1/4 cup plus a little more perhaps of milk
1 4oz can of diced green chiles
a bit of salt and fresh ground pepper
a couple slices of bacon cooked and drained
~Mix hominy, egg, milk, green chiles, salt, pepper and most of the cheese together.
~Place mixture in a oven safe dish, oven preheated to 350 F or so.
~Crumble bacon over top of mixture and then the rest of the cheese.
~Cover and cook ( I think it was in the oven for 35-45 minutes)
Yum this was SO good.

3.
My sweet friend Amy and her family are in China right now adopting a sweet girl...Lillian Joy....follow their journey here.

4.
It is rainy here again today...my plan is to stay in my pajamas for the day (if possible). I do need to paint the mirror that is going in the nursery (may require non pj clothing). Did I say it was cold too...it is..COLD...not cold enough for ice or snow but cold enough to make it not worth my while to get out in it.

5.
We have big cross country trip coming up the end of May lasting through the middle of June. Our lil' guy will be in his second month and although I am sure he will travel well...I am already making lists and planning out how this may/may not go....and all this time I thought that I was not a "list girl".

6.
Speaking of lists...my To Do list is not really getting any shorter although I feel like I am making progress. Lots of organizing to do before this baby arrives, mostly the closets and the guest room...not to mention the pantry...My goal...one item off the list per day...I feel like the little engine that could....I think I can, I think I can...hopefully the list will be crossed off before the big delivery day.

7.
I have a hair appointment next week and am going back to blond...I like the brown for a while but then I want to be blond again. So (this picture was last summer) I will be a blond again after Tuesday....oh and on Tuesday I have my BIG start of the 9th month OB appointment. Maybe I will have started to dilate and efface....maybe...hopefully...

1 comment:

Frankies Queen said...

I am so excited for you and with you for his arrival!! You are such a beautiful person and will be an amazing mom! I miss you so very much and now more than ever I am glad we had the time we did together on your visit to Jax.
Looking forward to seeing you in a few months. I just wanted to send you love today and let you know I was thinking about you.