Monday, May 11, 2009

lullaby...

I find myself singing to Ren a song my Mom sang and I am almost certain each of my sisters have sung to their little ones. It is not one of the classic lullabies but I love the song...

Acres of Diamonds
words & music by Arthur Smith

Acres of diamonds, mountains of gold,
Rivers of silver, jewels untold;
All these together, wouldn't buy you or me
Peace when we're sleeping or a conscience that's free.
A heart that's contented, a satisfied mind,
These are the treasures, money can't buy;
If you have Jesus, there's more wealth in your soul,
Than acres of diamonds, mountains of gold

Each time I sing it to Ren I am reminded that there is nothing like having Jesus in your heart. There is nothing better than peace when we are sleeping, a free conscience, a content heart and a mind that is satisfied. I feel like this song is a prayer of sorts also that I am praying over Ren, that he will know and have a personal relationship with Jesus and that he will have all of the things that this song tells us about too.

Are there any special lullabies that you sing/have sung to your little ones?

1 comment:

Selah said...

I too have sung this one to each of my children. There are also songs that are "theirs". One we both sang to Goosie was "Beautiful One" a praise and worship song Hubby and I learned in church. Goosie still calls it Daddy's song. I also sang her Somewhere over the rainbow, Miniman's are Baby Mine and Wonderful Peace. Bubbles songs are You are so Beautiful to me and In the garden. I think it is great you are singing to your little one..keep up the good work momma!