Sunday, January 17, 2010

long time no see...

It's been so long...since Thanksgiving...I can hardly believe it...We have been busy busy here and there and everywhere...Ren, the pups and I are moved to SC and staying with my sister, hubs is in training and we are adjusting...adjusting...adjusting. Nothing like packing up everything you think you may possibly...just can't live with-out...need and driving across the country...makes for a long December and a frustrating start to the new year. But we are getting there...settled that is...at least I hope.

My 35th birthday just passed and while numbers are not a big deal to me...I always evaluate and reevaluate my life, my priorities, how I deal with people, friends, situations,family and myself on my birthday (self reflection is always a good thing...as long as it is constructive). My Dad sends me a card every year...he takes time and reads through cards at the store until he finds one that says "it" or comes close. This year when I opened that wonderful card and read the poem...not only did it bring tears to my eyes...I am so glad my Dad is proud of the woman and Mama that I am!...but it made me stop and think and reevaluate what is going on in my life...in my relationships and in my self-thought. And because I think this poem is good "food for thought" I thought I would share....
From the writing of Emily Matthews

If you can value truth above approval,
and friendship over beauty, wealth, or fame,
If you can share your gifts and talents wisely,
leaving someone better off than when you came...
If you find happiness in simple pleasures
and see the rainbow, not the falling rain,
If you have faith to keep right on believing
in miracles that no one can explain,
If you will look until you see the good in others
and keep your spirit honest, true, and free,
Then you'll be not just happy and successful,
but the woman only you were ment to be.

So my goal this 35th year of my life is to make a conscious effort to do those things and become a better woman, Mama, wife, sister, daughter, friend and become more of the woman that God created me to be.

2 comments:

Selah said...

Now I can't wait to see what my card will read! That was a good choice for you! You are such an inspiration to those who know you and I am so blessed to have you as my sister!

Rebekah said...

Welcome back- Good goals for this new year!
x