Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Long time no post.....

Well, it's been quite a while ya'll...
Mr. Wonderful and I had quite a lovely time in New Orleans
This is us on Bourbon Street the 2nd night we were there. Happy 40th to my friend Sarah! We also visited several plantation homes along the Mississippi River this one was my favorite...
it is Oak Alley Plantation, they also have a BB here and Mr. Wonderful and I are keeping that little nugget in the back of our minds as we make future holiday plans.

A huge congratulations to Mr. Wonderful!!!! He pinned on Major the last day of September, the ceremony was really special and we had a wonderful time with both sets of parents here visiting us in Paradise...here are a couple of pictures from that day...

Mr. Wonderful's parents, the new Major and I and my parents...this is the first time they have met each other since we got married almost 6 years ago!
The pinning, we were in a little friendly competition to see who could remove the Captains bars and pin the Major's the fastest....whoooohoooo...I won!The handshake, after the salute, after the Oath of Duty.
Mr. Wonderful surprised me with a beautiful bouquet of flowers!

A little baby update for you....I am now 13 weeks and 6 days pregnant! We are almost past the ever important first trimester. We had our second OB appointment last week and the baby looks perfect (two arms, two legs...the bone structure so clearly visible)! I am doing good, only 2pds gained so far, my BP is great and the doctor said that I was growing this baby good! We have not heard the heartbeat yet...something I am anticipating...doc says next month and then the month after that we should find out if we are having a little boy or girl (I can't think of a better Christmas present!). Mr. Wonderful says we are having a girl, whenever I think of this little growing one, I think boy....so we shall see.
I shopped for night bras as well as some materity clothes....I will have to save that shopping experience for another post.
I guess that is all for now...not much happenning in Paradise this week...I hope you are enjoying the beginnings of Fall and all the beauty of this magical season!

No comments: