Friday, January 9, 2009

YUM!

So...I have had this recipe knocking around my brain for a while and Hubby's parents are visiting so I thought I would try it out...nothing like having a few extra tasters at the table! I have no idea what you would call this dish, maybe an Green Olive and Chicken Spaghetti, I don't know.

Here is what you need, this is for 4 adults:

3 (6 oz) jars quartered & marinated artichokes (drain all but one jar)
1 (10 oz) jar of sliced Spanish Olives with pimientos (well drained)
1 (14.5 oz) can of petite diced tomatoes (well drained)
1 rotisserie chicken ( try to get Italian herb flavor if you can)
Skinny Spaghetti noodles

Here is what to do:
Put water on to boil to cook the noodles
De-bone the chicken and tear into bite size pieces
Add the artichokes, olives, tomato and chicken with the liquid from the 1 jar of artichokes into a skillet or large sauce pan over low/med heat, you will want to just heat up the stuff, not saute it or cause any of the vegetables to break down.
After the noodles are done, drain, add just a tablespoon give or take of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and
toss well.
In a large serving dish add the noodles and the chicken and vegetable mixture ( I left out the sauce that was in the pan) toss and serve while hot. We added a hot loaf of garlic bread and a bottle of white wine.

This could easily be a Vegetarian meal just omit the chicken. This meal took me about 15 minutes from kitchen to table.

Let me know if you try it!

Peace and Joy!
Nili

No comments: