Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Lighten, my word for 2016.  I know, we are 76 days into the year and here I am just talking about it.  A verb that means to make or become lighter, more cheerful, less serious.  It seems like a not so serious word for the WORD of the Year....but here I am.  I need lightened, in my physical, emotional and spiritual life..all of it.  I don't know when the serious-ness of life grabbed me, where I lost my laughter and joy.  I find myself frustrated, angry and feeling weighed-down by all.the.things... house cleaning, cooking, schoolwork, discipline, studies, menus...the whole day.  My family is affected by this, my kids, my husband...and I hate it.  I don't want this heaviness of spirit, this lack of joy to invade my heart, my life and my family.  Some of the synonyms of lighten are: brighten, gladden, hearten, lift, enliven, boost, uplift, revive, restore and revitalize. This is what I need....in every area of my life.  Romans 15:13 is the verse I picked to go with Lighten; May the God of HOPE fill you with all JOY and PEACE as you TRUST in Him, so that you may OVERFLOW with HOPE by the power of the Holy Spirit.




Through self-discipline, eating right, exercise and drinking enough water I can continue to lighten my body...(and I am excited to continue the weight loss journey I started over a year ago).  I recently purchased The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up, and I will be reading and working through the KonMari Method for lightening my home.  I know that I cannot lighten my heart.  I know that God can. Through prayer, meditation on the Word of God, fellowship of christians and tuning myself to God and his desires for my days (sometimes hour by hour), I know that my heart can be revitalized.  

Do you have a a word or phrase for 2016? I'd love to hear about it!

No comments: