Friday, August 5, 2016

Haircuts and Growing Boys

It been quite a while since my boys have received haircuts.  I considered letting their hair grow out for a while and taking them to the barber to have a proper trim done.  They however had different plans and kept reminding me that their hair was getting too long and they wanted a cut.  With a military dad who keeps a bald super short haircut; they just want a cut like daddy.

What never ceases to amaze me is the transformation that happens with a haircut.  Ren and Sam seem to grow a couple inches right before my very eyes in the before and after of haircuts.

The cowlicks this lil guy has are the.best. I'm sure his teenage (did I just think that say that?) hair styles are going to be something to behold.



Ren has the best hair and my favorite cut on him a longer one with a nice trim around the ears.  He however likes his hair short (and used the trimmers to give himself a cut when he was still 3, to be like Daddy).
Ren is quick to remind me that he is half way to 8, then 9, then 10, then 11 and soon 13..."you can't stop me Mama, I'm just gonna keep growing up!"

Be still my mama heart, these boys just keep growing and this morning it seems they have shot up. I'm grateful for them and the joys of being their mama I just wish they would slow.it.down.

No comments: